General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – a legal instrument of the European Union that aims to harmonize European legislation on data protection. It has an effective date of application on May 25, 2018 and any references to it must be interpreted accordingly to include any legislation that amends, implements or seeks to implement it.
Personal data – any information relating to a natural person that can identify him directly or that makes him identifiable, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier. Customers – customers and others to whom Hotel Porta do Sol provides services or supplies goods in the course of its activity.
Suppliers – refers to partners, consultants, traders (including individual traders) and independent workers or any other entity that supplies goods or services to the Hotel.
1. Origin and type of Personal Data Collected
Personal Data means all information that can identify you as a natural person, such as name, address, e-mail, telephone contact, tax number, or your credit card details.
This information may be collected through:
- Registration process on the website when creating your reservation/customer account;
- Transaction information when making a purchase through the website;
- Copies of records of correspondence exchanged with the user, in case the customer contacts;
- Answers provided in questionnaires for statistical analysis purposes;
- Usage, views and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when visiting the website or opening emails we send you;
- Surveys carried out on the website;
- Completion of existing forms on the website;
- Subscription to Newsletters;
- Other Marketing initiatives aimed at raising contacts.
2. Purpose of Personal Data
The data collected on the website are intended to:
- Providing information about products and/or services to customers;
- Clarification of any queries related to the processing of reservations and/or any complaints;
- Processing requests for information from Customers;
- Sending information about promotions;
- Sending information about the launch of new products/campaigns;
- Market studies, profile evaluation and consumer preferences;
- Sending invitations to initiatives in which Hotel Porta do Sol participates;
- Campaigns and events related to the Hotel and its partners; Optimize the Hotel’s products and services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may be illegal or violate the policies imposed by the Hotel.
Customer data will not be transmitted to third parties, nor will it be used for purposes other than those for which the customer has given consent.
3. Privacy and Protection of Personal Data
The personal data that customers indicate will be processed for the purposes described in the “Purpose of Personal Data” section of these Terms and Conditions, by Hotel Porta do Sol. Thus, the Hotel is solely responsible for the processing of your personal data, by automated means or not, from collection, organization, conservation to elimination, guaranteeing the confidentiality of all data provided by its customers. Hotel Porta do Sol is guided by strict compliance with the rules relating to the processing of personal data, which are currently provided for in the Regulation (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (RGPD) – a legal instrument of the European Union that aims to harmonize the European legislation on data protection. It has an effective application date of May 25, 2018. The Hotel ensures that the data collected is strictly necessary for the fulfillment of customer management purposes (including profiling); marketing and advertising, invoicing of bookings and complaints.
4. Term and Data Retention
If the customer has entered into a purchase and sale or service provision contract, their data will be kept for a period of ten years from the granting of this consent, or for a longer period if the law so establishes.
5. User Rights
At any time, and free of charge, you can exercise the right to ask the Hotel to:
- Access your personal data;
- Request rectification of your personal data;
- Request the deletion of your personal data;
- Request the limitation of the processing of your Personal Data;
- If there is a legally imposed obligation that overrides these rights, Hotel Porta do Sol will justify the respective refusal.
If you consider that your data is not being processed in accordance with applicable legislation, namely European and national, we remind you that you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
The information will be sent, to all our customers or potential customers, to the indicated means of contact. Your continued use of the website, applications, services and features offered after such communication will be deemed to constitute, and will be deemed to be, your agreement to such changes.